Monday 17 January 2011

Character Performance and believability: Stickfast

This week we have started a new module. And. Its stop motion based. Whoo. I've been looking forward to do doing stop motion since I applied to do animation.
We were given two task to do, a walk cycle to be done individually and a Group task.

For my walk cycle I used Sally (rashanimations.wordpress.com) as a model and based how my man walked on her movements.


I also had a look in "Cracking Animation" a book about Aardman animation (Wallace and Gromit), which had a walk cycle in it which they have used.



And this is how he turned out...


I know he looks a little bit drunk, but he was extremely hard to work with, bits of him moved which shouldn't have. However, I think these flaws add to his personality. I especially like that he leaves foot prints on the glass floor. (From the blue tac) not planned, of course though adds a bit of character to my little animation I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment