Tuesday 19 October 2010

Exaggeration

Our second task was all about exaggeration and morphing on expression into another.
We were told to pause on each of the exaggerated expressions before changing to the next.
Like with the group flip book I also needed to loop this one.
There for I needed to morph a neutral face to expression one to expression two back to neutral.
At first I started to experiment by drawing different expressions of one person but I felt that I would be able to exaggerate better using a more simple shaped head.
I found a more rounded face far easier to work with and thought I could concentrate more on the expressions if I made the face a bold man, However I was still developing different expressions of the square faced boy from the previous page. I also considered animating a sneeze, although I thought that even though the face changes though out the sneeze, it all happens to quickly so I wouldn't be able to put emphasis on each expression. 
Once I was happy with the shape face and what expression he was going to do (neutral to scared to happy to neutral) I then drew out how his eyes would change and how his mouth would change. I decided to keep the top of his head and his nose the same through out the animation ... and use them as anchor points.

From there I could story board the animation, which I would use whilst drawing the animation to keep me on track.

As you can see from the animation I had to add in an "O" expression between shocked and happy. This is because it felt unnatural to me to go straight from one to the other. And when filming myself and observing others it seemed to make sense to add in an in between emotion to connect the others.


No comments:

Post a Comment