Wednesday 20 October 2010

Anticipation

For our forth assignment, we had animate the anticipation of a stickman jumping... therefore the take off.
To get the jump realistic we drew from live ... looking at how people prepared to jump, the take off and the landing.
 Above are quick sketches of a jump. I have also sketched them in comparison to each other ... so one drawing on top of another, to show how the feet and arms moves.
Here I added body to the stickmen to show movement of the body. I also looked at how the feet bend during a jump so that i could incorporate it into my animation.

I had a few ideas for what the jumper could be doing, to put a story to the animation, for example a ballet dancers leap or a man jumping through the days of the week. Before that I made the Animation I had to Storyboard what was going to happen so that I had a clear plan of what I wanted to achieve at the end of the animation.
The first time I drew this out, I thought the landing was too jittery when his arms start to come down. 
This line test I was happy with the jump but I thought the landing was two fast,  therefore I doubled up the frames to make the animation slower.
This is the final jump animation. I have added to the swings that the man makes before he jumps and i've inked the man so he stands out more against the paper. Originally he was going to be jumping through the days of the week but I thought it would be mre effective to keep all the attention on the man jumping.

How could I improve?
      Well I think that I would improve the swinging of the mans .. so his torso moves up and down with the swings of his arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment